Industrial Testing Laboratory Services (ITLS) originated in 1959 in Sharpsburg, PA. During this time, ITLS provided metallurgical, nondestructive and mechanical testing services primarily to component manufacturers supporting the defense industries. In 1973, ITLS moved to RIDC Park, PA and built the current headquarters.
New owners came on board in March 2001. Those owners had a business plan which included updating the quality program, broadening the metallurgical and mechanical testing capabilities, strengthening nondestructive testing services, and providing qualified and certified personnel to the nuclear industry.
Almost 20 years later, ITLS has met those goals and continues to expand capabilities, including the following:
- Maintaining ISO-17025 accreditation with the American Association of Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA).
- Increasing in-house mechanical testing capabilities to 600,000 lb/f.
- Processing chemical analysis internally - including XRF, OES, and LECO Combustion.
- Improving metallurgical analysis capabilities - including metallograph, computer imaging/sizing, and semi-automated microhardness measuring.
- Offering computer-based training and hands-on specialized training.
- Offering SEM/EDS services.
As of December 21, 2020, ITLS has been acquired by Alba Enterprises, LLC. The new owners look forward to making even more improvements, while continuing to provide the quality of service that sets ITLS apart from other testing laboratories.
Our Mission is to be the locally recognized independent testing laboratory leader through excellence in people and services for the benefit of our customers, our company, and our employees.
What makes us different from other industrial testing laboratories?
- We are a full in-house service provider.
- A commitment to quality service, because we are a smaller company.
- We can adapt to meet our customers’ needs in a timely manner.
- If there is a problem or failure, we don’t just tell you there is a problem, we offer solutions or possible explanations on why it happened.
- We provide government source inspections.
- We have extensive technical competence – our employees have over 500 years combined experience in testing and quality control.
- Major credit cards are accepted.